Topic: “Organization of the system of collection of used tyres involving tyre service stations, tyre centers and individuals”
Executive Director of the EcoTyresUnion Sergey Podoynikov suggested that the regional branch of the public organization «Tochka kipeniya «together with the Irkutsk Rubber Processing Plant to hold a round table on the topic “Organization of the system of collection of used tyres involving tyre service stations, tyre centers and individuals”.
The round table meeting was held on June 8, 2018 in the co-working center of “Tochka kipeniya” company.
The event was also attended by:
- head of the regional branch of the public organization «Tochka kipeniya» Irkutsk Yuri G. Kurin;
- the Deputy chief of Department of ecological expertise of Rosprirodnadzor Svetlana R. Darkhanova;
- expert of All-Russia People’s Front Marina V. Grigorieva;
- consultant of the Department of environmental protection of the Ministry of natural resources of the Irkutsk region Elena Y. Konovalova;
- Director of «Spetsavtokhozyaystvo» Natalia V. Shulyashkina;
- representative of the Business support Fund of the Irkutsk region
- environmental Prosecutor’s office of Irkutsk region
- the General Director of Corporation of development of the Irkutsk region Oleg Sevryukov;
- Director of the Fund «Business support centre of Irkutsk region» Natalia A. Davydova.
During the meeting Sergey Podoynikov made a presentation of the activities of the EcoTyresUnion on the territory of the Russian Federation and outlined the contribution of the EcoTyresUnion to the development of the industry of waste tyres collection and processing on the territory of the Irkutsk region in the framework of cooperation with LLC «IRZ» (the Irkutsk Rubber Processing Plant).
During the discussion of the development of the industry, all participants unanimously agreed that it is an important issue for the region to organize the system of collection of waste tires involving of tire service centres, tire centers, as well as the possibility of involving individuals in the process.
As a result of the workgrop meeting, the main problem of collection and recycling of waste tires in the Irkutsk region was identified – the unwillingness of owners of tire stations to conclude contracts for tyre recycling, the lack of examples of administrative punishment of unfair users of natural resources, as well as the lack of specialists in local supervisory authorities to conduct independent inspections of tire stations.
LLC IRZ has announced its will to assist the regulatory authorities in carrying out inspections of tire stations, as well as in carrying out joint environmental programs to eliminate unauthorized landfills.
The meeting resulted in the discussion of initiating a pilot project of environmental raids of public organizations in the city of Irkutsk together with the environmental Prosecutor’s office and the Irkutsk Rubber processing Plant, aimed at identifying the accumulation of waste tires on the territory of tire stations and unauthorized landfills. Today work on the Regulation on environmental raids is in process.