On September 11, 2018 the newspaper Kommersant-Prikamye held a round table on the topic: “Extended producer responsibility: prospects and opportunities for producers”. The EcoTyresUnion took part in the meeting.
The main experts of the meeting were:
- Prosecutor of the Perm inter-district environmental prosecutor’s office,
- representatives of the Federal Service for the Supervision of Natural Resources in the Perm region,
- the Head of the Department of State Environmental Expertise and regulation of the Department of Rosprirodnadzor in the Perm region,
- Federal state institution Ural Institute “Ecology”
Participation of the EcoTyresUnion aroused great interest from all participants of the meeting:
- business representatives showed interest in the annual tender held by the EcoTyresUnion in order to form a pool of processors that meet the requirements of the legislation for compliance with the recycling norms;
- representatives of territorial Supervisory authorities highly appreciated the scheme of EPR performance through industry Union;
- public organizations got interested in the activities of the EcoTyresUnion connected to waste collection programs among the population, which are already gaining nationwide scale.